Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid will provide the skills and information to better support each member of your company.
Mental Health issues and conditions affects 1 in 3 people and contributes as one of the highest reasons for staff turnover, decreased productivity and a rise of conflict in the work place.
Mental Health is – ´The emotional and spiritual resilience which allows us to enjoy life and survive pain, disappointment and sadness. It is a positive sense of well-being and an underlying belief in our own, and others, dignity and worth. ´ (Health Education Authority 1997)
The Benefits of MHFA
- Most people don’t know what to do in a mental health crisis, by attending our course you will be able to identify any early warning signs and be confident about putting that knowledge into action.
- Learn how to recognise when a person might need help and the best way to approach them.
- Stress is unavoidable but with the right training you can support your staff to avoid becoming disruptive or destructive in the workplace and help those who do suffer from any mental health problems on their way to recovery.
- Learning basic suicide intervention skills could save someones life.
- Learn how to protect your own and other people’s mental health.
ESL Services provide the First Aid for Mental Health Courses, by one of our NUCO Training Ltd and Scotland Mental Health First Aid/NHS qualified trainers and we offer the following:
Level 1 Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health (4 hours Course)
This awareness course is suitable for everyone as it provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a suspected mental health condition and the skills to start a conversation and be able to guide a person towards professional help.
Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health (1 Day Course)
This course has been designed to help employers to provide a positive mental health culture within the workplace and to provide learners with comprehensive knowledge on a range of the most common mental health conditions and the skills to be able to act should any conditions be suspected.
Learners undertaking this course will be considered First Aiders for Mental Health and be a point of contact within the workplace to help and support those with any suspected mental health conditions.
Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (2 Day Course)
This course is suitable for all persons within the workplace, but is primarily aimed at those who hold a supervisory/managerial level position and who have a responsibility for implementing a positive mental health culture and a responsibility for First Aid for Mental Health within an organisation.
Scotland’s Mental Health First Aid (2 Day Course)
The Scotland’s MHFA course does not train people to be mental health workers. It offers basic general information about mental health problems.
This course can only be delivered and is only valid in Scotland.
For further information, please get in touch
Telephone: 01506 412791