Mental Health First Aid
From our base in Livingston, West Lothian in Central Scotland, we offer Mental Health Training courses that will provide the skills and information to better support each member of your company.
Mental Health issues and conditions affects 1 in 3 people and contributes as one of the highest reasons for staff turnover, decreased productivity and a rise of conflict in the work place.
Mental Health is
The Benefits of MHFA
- Most people don’t know what to do in a mental health crisis, by attending our course you will be able to identify any early warning signs and be confident about putting that knowledge into action.
- Learn how to recognise when a person might need help and the best way to approach them.
- Stress is unavoidable but with the right training you can support your staff to avoid becoming disruptive or destructive in the workplace and help those who do suffer from any mental health problems on their way to recovery.
- Learning basic suicide intervention skills could save someones life.
- Learn how to protect your own and other people’s mental health.
ESL Services offers the following Mental Health First Aid Certifications to suit your Regional location and industry.
First Aid for Mental Health Courses
The First Aid for Mental Health Courses are delivered by our NUCO Training Ltd qualified trainers and are available for the whole of the UK (United Kingdom).
The courses are Ofqual regulated and the delegates will be awarded Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
FAA Level 1 Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)
(4 Hours Course)
This awareness course is suitable for everyone as it provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a suspected mental health condition and the skills to start a conversation and be able to guide a person towards professional help.
This course will not qualify you as a Mental Health First Aider !
FAA Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)
(1 Day Course)
This course has been designed to help employers to provide a positive mental health culture within the workplace and to provide learners with comprehensive knowledge on a range of the most common mental health conditions and the skills to be able to act should any conditions be suspected.
Learners undertaking this course will be considered First Aiders for Mental Health and be a point of contact within the workplace to help and support those with any suspected mental health conditions.
FAA Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)
(2 Day Course)
This course is suitable for all persons within the workplace, but is primarily aimed at those who hold a supervisory/managerial level position and who have a responsibility for implementing a positive mental health culture and a responsibility for First Aid for Mental Health within an organisation.